Command EXTENSION, EXT
Set filename associations for file extensions.
EXTENSION [/D extension]
EXT [/D extension]
|extension||Specifies the filename extension.|
|association||Specifies the program name and parameters.|
|/D||Delete an extension.|
- Do NOT include a dot in the parameter extension.
- Type EXT without any parameters to display a list of all existing associations.
- When an association is established for a file extension, then file names (which MUST including the extension) can be entered at the prompt without the need to specify the program name.
- Multiple file extension associations are created and deleted in the same way as single file extension associations. When a single association already exists then WinOne® will prompt the user with the message Multiple XXX extension (Y/N)?,
in which case typing 'Y' will append the association, or typing 'N' will over write the existing association. Also when deleting Multiple associations, WinOne® will confirm each association before deleting it.
- File extension associations are saved as they are created.
- Also see File Extension Association.
- Examples on using EXTENSION.