Clipboard ManipulationThe system menu contains the Edit option, which when selected will display a sub-menu containing the several options, as below :-
Marking a region
Use the mouse cursor and position it over the first character to mark. Press and hold down the left mouse button. While holding down the left mouse button drag the cursor over the last character to mark and release the left mouse button. The marked region is displayed in reverse colours.
Similarly, to mark a word, simply position the mouse cursor over the word to mark and double click the left mouse button.
To clear a region that is marked on the screen, position the mouse cursor any where on the screen and press the left mouse button once.
WinOne® only allows a region to be marked and copied to the clipboard when WinOne® is waiting for a key stroke or a series of key strokes to be entered.
Copying to the Clipboard
Having marked a region on the screen, there are several ways to copy it to the clipboard :-
2. Press the Control key and the Insert key together (ie. CRTL INS).
3. Press the right mouse button.
Pasting from the Clipboard
Text that has been copied to the Clipboard can be pasted to the command line or any command that is waiting for a input. There are several ways to paste from the clipboard :-
2. Press the Shift key and the Insert key together (ie. SHIFT INS).
3. Press the middle mouse button.
4. Double click the right mouse button. When a region is marked on the screen, double clicking the right mouse button, simulaniously copies the highlighted text to the clipboard and pastes the contents straight back to the command line. When there is no region marked on the screen, only the clipboard contents are pasted to the command line.
The contents of the clipboard can be saved to or loaded from any of the following standard file types :-
2. Bitmap file (.BMP or .DIB or .RLE)
3. Plain text file (.TXT)
Clearing the Clipboard Contents
Select the Edit option in the System menu, and then select Clear, to clear the contents of the clipboard and release all the memory that was used for the contents that was in the clipboard.
Copyright © 1995-2018 Lucien Cinc, All Rights Reserved
WinOne® is an Australian registered trademark
Go to the Australian Command Line Software web site.